Matthew Perry Toxicology Report Popular comedy star Matthew Perry died from “the acute effects of ketamine,” according to an autopsy report released Friday by the Los Angeles County coroner.

Matthew Perry Toxicology Report Perry, 54, was found unresponsive at his home on Oct. 28, lying “prone on the heated edge” of his pool, according to the autopsy report. The report said the death was an accident and there were no signs of foul play. The cause of death is listed as “acute effects of ketamine,” with other contributing factors listed as “drowning, coronary heart disease, and effects of buprenorphine.” (Buprenorphine is a drug used to treat opioid use disorder.)

Matthew Perry Toxicology Report Witnesses included in the autopsy say the actor went out to play pickleball around 11 a.m. on the morning of his death and returned home two hours later. told police in a report. Shortly afterward, Perry’s assistant went out to run some errands, but was the last to see Perry alive, and when he returned, he found Perry dead, according to the report. It is said that he did. According to the report, police confirmed the death at 4:17 p.m.

A little more than an hour after midnight on October 29, Perry was taken from her home to the Forensic Center. Perry’s autopsy was performed later that day.

Matthew Perry Toxicology Report had struggled with addiction for many years, but had been clean for 19 months, the autopsy report said. According to the autopsy report, Perry was receiving intravenous ketamine therapy for depression and anxiety, her last treatment a week and a half before her death. Witnesses said in a police incident report that Perry responded to her treatment and she was “fine.”

Matthew Perry Toxicology Report
Matthew Perry Toxicology Report

Ketamine has been approved by the FDA as an anesthetic since the 1970s, and studies have shown that it may be effective in some patients when used as a treatment for depression and anxiety under medical supervision. It is shown in Experts say this also comes with risks. This drug has dissociative effects, appearing to separate the mind from the body and can cause hallucinations. It is known for its use in nightclubs and party culture. The federal Drug Enforcement Administration warns that a ketamine overdose can cause unconsciousness and dangerously slow breathing.

Traces of ketamine were found in Perry’s stomach, and the coroner said high levels of ketamine (3.54 micrograms per milliliter) were detected in his blood. These test results led the medical examiner’s office to believe that Perry’s death was not caused by his previous IV therapy (the drug’s half-life is only 3 to 4 hours), but rather by ketamine ingested by other means. I concluded. How this happened is unclear in the autopsy report.

Perry became famous for his role as Chandler Bing on Friends, known for his eccentric demeanor and quirky personality. He quickly became a fan favorite on this series, which ran for 10 seasons from 1994 to 2004.

Perry wrote about his own addiction in his memoir “Friends, Lovers, and Scary Things,” published last year, detailing his years-long struggle to remain sober. did. “People don’t understand that it’s a disease,” he told CBS News in 2015, adding that addicts should “get help” instead of blaming themselves.